I am not an overly enthusiastic peanut butter fan, but this recipe for Peanut Butter Pie is one I enjoy. Using a store bought pie crust makes this ridiculously easy recipe even simpler. It really takes no time at all, you just have to wait for it to sit in the fridge for a bit.
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup peanut butter, smooth
½ cup confectioner’s (icing) sugar
10 oz cool whip, thawed
chocolate syrup (optional)
For the pie crust, I have used the following recipe, or I just buy them ready made (I used a shop bought Oreo crust for one of my pies).
1. If making your own pie crust, make this first using the recipe above
2. Whisk the cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter until well combined and smooth
3. Fold in 8 oz of the cool whip (half of it at a time) and make sure it gets well combined
4. Pour peanut butter mixture into the pie crust and smooth out
5. Top with the 2 oz of cool whip that is left, and evenly spread over the top – you can leave out this part if preferred
6. Drizzle chocolate syrup over the top (optional) and then place in the fridge to cool for at least 4 hours