Thank you to Caitlin from Bi-Continental Bird who nominated me for this Leibster award, which is the best kind of blogging award because it comes from fellow bloggers who recognise and appreciate what you do!
The award is a chance to shine a light on a relatively new or evolving blog that you particularly enjoy in the hope of building your blogging community and giving a friendly stamp of approval.
If you are nominated by me (see below) or are interested in taking part by nominating others, the rules are as follows:
- write a post answering the questions posed by the blogger who nominated you
- nominate your own favourite bloggers and set them at least ten questions (I will leave how many you want to nominate up to you)
- the blogger you nominated answers your questions on their blog and nominates another blog
- if you are nominated, you do not have to join in if you do not wish to
Here are my Leibster Award questions from Caitlin:
1. How did your blog come about?
I was in the final stages of an incredibly long, hard, drawn out visa process for my move to the US. I wanted a place to document the journey, share my news with all my friends and family, and provide support and guidance to anyone else going through the same process.
2. Where was the best place you have traveled to so far?
Egypt! I am a huge ancient history/Egypt nerd, so it was a dream of mine to go and visit all those ancient monuments.
3. What was the scariest thing to happen to you?
Getting a text from my Hubby to say he had been robbed at gunpoint and then not being able to get through to him for a few hours (he was at the police station). I was in a blind panic because I was still in the UK when this happened and I felt so far away from him.
4. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose and why?
This is a really hard one as there are so many I could choose … but if I have to, I think it would be … Dr. Who!
Colin Baker was the first Dr.Who I watched (source)
5. What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
A giant plastic ladybird/beetle to put on the front of my car – I did not have a car nor have I ever had one as I have never learnt how to drive.
6. How many countries have you visited?
Just three so far …
7. If you could write an autobiography, what would the title be called?
If Patience Is An Art Form, I’d Be Picasso – I wrote a blog post with this title, and it just seems to suit my life up until this point as I spent over 4 years apart from my Hubby. We never saw each other (no visits or computer chats – just writing, daily phone calls and texts). It was such a difficult time, but we both – with great patience and belief in each other – got through it.
8. How has travel changed you?
It has provided great memories to share but becoming an expat has had the biggest change as I get a fresh, new start with the man of my dreams!
Reunited and reconnected at last
9. What is the best advice you could give to someone about to travel?
Research about it, respect its traditions/culture and be embracing of new experiences.
10. If you have friends coming over, what do you cook?
For speed, it would be some kind of pasta dish, if I had longer, probably a curry! Yum!
11. What is the most played song on your iPod?
I do not own one (I hear you all gasp). I do not own any music playing devices except for my ageing and rather old mobile phone … the most played track at the moment is White Walls by Macklemore.
Now for my nominations and questions … drum roll please …
Holly from English Girl Canadian Man
Chantelle from Seychelles Mama
Melissa from A Teaspoon of Happiness
My questions are:
1. What is your favourite thing to do to relax?
2. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
3. It you could travel to anywhere, right now, where would you go?
4. What is your favourite food?
5. What is the strangest or most unusual thing you have eaten?
6. Who would you most like to go out for a drink with (real or fictional)?
7. What is your pet peeve?
8. If you could sum yourself up in one word, what would it be?
9. When was the last time you laughed hysteriacally, and what caused it?
19. What is your dream job?